Thursday, July 31, 2008

Millennium Park - Chicago

As you can see by the posting below we spent a week in Chicago with Ryan(who was there on business). The last day in Chicago we checked out of the hotel and had about 3 hours to wait for dad before we headed to the airport. One of the activities that Dalby loved was to people watch at the Millenium Park fountain. This fountain(if you can call it that) is really cool. It is two large rectangular towers that face each other and display videos of faces. These faces stay on the towers for a few minutes and then switch. On the towers are spouts that spew water. The water spewing is timed with the video and the faces put there lips in a position that looks like they are spitting the water. At the time of the spitting of the water the kids running in the couple of inches of water go nuts. It is such fun to see all of the kids and on a hot summer day the fountain is packed! I had not let Dalby out because I was afraid of all of the kids running around and how hard the ground was......well we were watching all of the kids on the other side of one of the towers and I saw a little boy crawling in the water. He seemed to be having a blast. I thought - who cares if the one year old is in her diaper. I have a few changes of clothes for the plane ride and her blanket if I need to dry her off. She would have a blast playing in the water.....I am so glad that she got a chance to play in the water.

A picture of the fountain from the end where we were taking a dip. The other tower has the same face on it......we stayed behind the faces because it was a lot less crowded.



Maybe the picture will better explain then the words above.....










1 comment:

Jen said...

that fountain is SO cool! I'm glad Dalby got to play in the most awesome fountain ever!