A funny story with words that definitely proves toddlers repeat a lot of what they hear. I was changing the crib sheet and I dropped the mattress as I was trying to put the sheet on and I said, "Oh man". A second later I heard, "oh mee". I thought Dalby was talking to the toy she was playing with, until she continued to repeat "oh mee" and I realized that that is her version of "Oh man". Now you can usually get her going, Ryan often does when he is home or on the phone, just by saying, "Oh man". Also, "Oh WOW" often follows "Oh man". Two phrases I have since noticed that I say quite often :)
Thursday, May 21, 2009
A new word
We have a new word at the house, "Taccchhh"(Touch). Think of the tissue commercial where the woman goes through the day saying, "Touch, Touch, Touch, Touch, Touch, Touch, Touch, Feel". We like the word touch and what it means.
A funny story with words that definitely proves toddlers repeat a lot of what they hear. I was changing the crib sheet and I dropped the mattress as I was trying to put the sheet on and I said, "Oh man". A second later I heard, "oh mee". I thought Dalby was talking to the toy she was playing with, until she continued to repeat "oh mee" and I realized that that is her version of "Oh man". Now you can usually get her going, Ryan often does when he is home or on the phone, just by saying, "Oh man". Also, "Oh WOW" often follows "Oh man". Two phrases I have since noticed that I say quite often :)

A funny story with words that definitely proves toddlers repeat a lot of what they hear. I was changing the crib sheet and I dropped the mattress as I was trying to put the sheet on and I said, "Oh man". A second later I heard, "oh mee". I thought Dalby was talking to the toy she was playing with, until she continued to repeat "oh mee" and I realized that that is her version of "Oh man". Now you can usually get her going, Ryan often does when he is home or on the phone, just by saying, "Oh man". Also, "Oh WOW" often follows "Oh man". Two phrases I have since noticed that I say quite often :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment