Monday, July 19, 2010
All 29 pounds!!!
All 29lbs and 36 1/2" of Marin Dalby were busy making her 3 year check-up today awful!!! It all started of fine. We chatted with the nurse, got our height, weight, blood pressure, temperature and heart listened too. Then we sat and read while we waited for the doctor. Dr. Scott walked in and Dalby was "velcro child" as Dr. Scott called her. She did not let go, wouldn't look at him or talk.....so Dr. Scott and I talked about Dalby and then I went to take her diaper off so he could peek at her Sensitive Heiny Syndrome(SHS as he calls it). (We are in the middle of potty training. We wear a diaper when we go out because we haven't gotten the hang of it yet and I am not sure I could get us all to the potty in a timely fashion right now). Well Dr. Scott decided we should look at her ears, eyes and mouth first, neither of us taking note of the loose diaper. We started with the stethoscope and the SCREAMING, excuse me, the all out temper tantrum began. She was a nightmare. She slipped and scooted and shimmied her way out of all of my grasps and at one point ended up sliding down my leg.....and at the time she yelled, "I got to go potty", which was quickly followed by an extremely wet floor and lap. We finished the appointment with the doctor and had to wait for the nurse for her Hep A shot. I cleaned up the mess we made, wiped myself down a bit and proceeded to scowl at my daughter. Next the shot, which seemed easy compared to what I had just done. The nurse came back in after the shot to give her a treat. She said, "You can have two treats today." I looked at Dalby and said(very sternly), "You may pick one since you were good for the shot, but you were not good for the doctor." For some reason Jennifer(Dr. Scott's nurse) didn't argue:). We then went out of the exam room and apologized to Dr. Scott. As we were standing in the hallway we ran into a friend who had heard the whole appointment, not realizing it was Dalby who was screaming next door. She just gave me a hug and a nod of motherly sympathy. NOT A FUN APPOINTMENT!!!!! Dalby will be going with me to the babies' appointments so she may see the doctor several times before her next check-up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment