Friday, January 22, 2010

Snow Day

We had a few cold days in TN that resulted in maybe 1" of snow. Well school was canceled for 2 days and one newscaster said after the second day of snow flurries, "You may be starting to feel like this snow and cold are a way of life in TN." Ryan and I still get a chuckle out of these comments. However our blood is becoming much thinner because a few seconds in 9 degree weather makes me cold to the bone. Dalby and I went outside the first snow day and ran around the driveway. Why you ask the driveway? Because who would dare walk in the grass when there is snow? We spent the first few minutes outside inching our way out from under the car port. Once we were out there she had a great time making footprints in the snow. I think her favorite part of the snow day was the treat when we came inside. Up until now Dalby has not had pop(or soda/Coke depends on where you are from) or chocolate milk. I put a bit of chocolate syrup in some milk, warmed it up and put it in a sippy cup and served it with warm homemade banana bread. She was in HEAVEN!!!!! I have never seen her drink anything so fast....good thing it wasn't really HOT Chocolate. A fun time, just wish the snow had come on a weekend day so Daddy could have shared hot chocolate with us. You never know with this weather in TN....it is becoming a way of life for us to get all of the snow and cold another hot chocolate day maybe in our future! :)



No comments: